Cable Racking & Accessory (15)
Clamp & Clip (26)
Line Construction Equipment Bracket (42)
Line Post Stud (8)
Messenger Hanger (5)
Service Wire Holder & Serving Sleeve (7)
Strap / Spacer / Link (11)
Table of Contents
- Power Transmission Technologies for Renewable Energy
- Benefits of Renewable Energy Power Transmission
- Difference between Renewable Energy and Clean Energy
Line construction hardware is used to support and connect power applications in the overhead lines. They ensure the steadiness and safety of the installation of overhead conductor wires. They are made from material that helps them to withstand the harsh weather conditions. Examples of line construction hardware including line post stud, messenger hanger, strap, clevis and clamp and clip.Transmission line hardware transfer energy that is generated from sources that do not run out and produce less carbon footprint such as the sun and the wind. They are natural and limitless. They are used to generate electricity, water heating and cooling, and transportation.
There are various technologies used in the generation of renewable energy to produce clean and usable energy. These technologies include bioenergy, biomass, hydrogen, hydropower, marine energy, solar energy, wind energy and geothermal. They are further discussed below.
Power Transmission Technologies for Renewable Energy
Bioenergy power transmission system includes the use of organic materials such as wood waste, crop wastes, forest residues, grasses and food waste. These are used to generate electricity, heat, transportation fuels and products.
Benefits of biomass for utility pole line
- Reducing dependency on foreign oil
- Supply of clean energy sources
- Creation of jobs
- Reviving economies
Pole line hardware using geothermal energy is generated from hot water that is from below the earth’s surface. The steam is brought to the earth’s surface and it can be used directly, used in heating and cooling, electricity generation and other applications.
Benefits of geothermal energy
- It is renewable
- Heat is generated consistently
- Produce less carbon
- Provides clean energy
Overhead line hydropower is also known as hydroelectricity which uses the natural flow and fall of water to generate electricity. It is harvested mainly from dams and rivers. Line construction hardware can be used together with the hydropower technology to enhance steady and safe production of electricity
Benefits of hydropower overhead line transmission
- It is a clean and cost effective form of energy
- It is used as backup power
- It leads to a better control of floods in an area
- It support irrigation and water supply
Pole line hardware transmitting marine energy is also known as hydro kinetic or tidal energy. It is the generation of electricity from waves, tides, and river ocean currents. Line construction hardware is used in this case as it can withstand any weather conditions.
Benefits of marine energy
- Production of stable energy to the main grid
- It is a reliable source of energy
- The systems maintain the oceans beauty since they are mostly submerged
- They provide clean drinking water
- They give and opening to further study the ocean and its habitat.
Solar energy is generated from the sunlight that hits the earth’s surface. The solar technologies convert sunlight into electrical energy mainly through photovoltaic panels or through mirrors that focus solar radiation. Solar energy systems embrace the use of line construction hardware to enable a safe production and distribution of energy.
Benefits of solar energy
- Solar energy does not produce carbon footprint
- It can be used locally where consumers can install it on their property
- It helps save on energy cost
Power line accessory supported wind energy is generated from the spinning of the blades on windmills. The wind turbines harvest and transform the kinetic energy produced by wind into electricity that is then drained into the main power grid.
Benefits of wind power
- Clean and safe production of energy
- Creation of jobs
- Helps in the growth of crops planted around the area
Benefits of Renewable Energy Power Transmission
After closely looking at the technologies of renewable energy and their benefits, renewable energy benefits affect the environment, economy, national security and human health in general. They hence include:
- They create jobs in renewable energy industries
- They lead to reduced carbon emission in the air
- They increase energy independence in a country
- They lead to stable prices in the energy
- They allow increased accessibility of energy in all areas
- They enhance reliability, security and efficiency in the power grids.
Difference between Renewable Energy and Clean Energy
Renewable energy is the generation of energy from sources that do not run out, sources that naturally replenish themselves. Clean energy is the energy generated from sources that do not emit gases to the environment. Not all renewable resources are clean and hence the main goal is to produce energy with no carbon emissions.